August 12 2015 is Pirate Pak Day where even adults can feel like kids!
It’s nostalgic walking back into a White Spot that I haven’t been to in around 4 years. I decided this year was the year to do it. To pretend to be a kid again. Hey who says a 20 something year old can’t be a kid anymore
The restaurant was filled with elderly people and was quite busy. But the noise level was just right and the atmosphere was very homey.
Our host was somewhat slow at taking us to our table but I didn’t mind since it was Pirate Pak Day
$2 from each meal goes towards sending kids to camp
You can check out their website for more information
All the burgers came in the pirate ship and also with cold slaw, soft drink, fries and ice cream at the end
I had the The Legendary Burger – traditional 1/4 pound beef burger the signature Triple O sauce, with tomatoes
- The legendary burger was not legendary, it was okay
- Not dried out patty, good amount of mayonnaise
- The thing with White spot is that it was that very generic Triple O sauce flavour and its basically doused in it
- The fries weren’t really crispy, but it did have a little bit of a crunch to it
- They were cut thickly and had a slight oily taste to it
- This was $12.49
I also tried Bacon Cheddar Bigger Burger – Our 6 oz. beef burger with hickory smoked bacon, Cheddar, lettuce, tomato & Triple “O” sauce.
- The addition of the smoked bacon was great for added depth
- The cheddar was somewhat lost in the burger
- It tasted similar to the Legendary Burger expect it had the addition of bacon in it
- The sauce makes almost everything tastes the same
- This was $14.99
The pirate paks also come with chocolate coins and it also come with ice creams which are clearly the highlight of any kids meals
- The ice cream had bits of vanilla bean in it
- But you couldn’t really taste it
- It was more icy than creamy in texture
- Strong milk flavour
Would I go back: sometimes it nice to feel like a child
There was 2 elderly people next to us and seeing them awww in happiness at their own Pirate Pak, it was inspiring. You can be young at any age.
Service: quick, not overly attentive (which is always good)
Summary: Pirate Pak Day is definitely one of my favourite days at White Spot. You get to feel like a kid in a relaxing atmosphere. You get the boat, the food, the drink and the ice cream. Although it isn’t the best food and it isn’t the cheapest, being a kid is always about being carefree and not caring about the nitty gritty.