Finally I’ve made my way to Jinya Ramen in Kerrisdale. I haven’t been to the one in Downtown but this one was closer so I decided on the Kerrisdale one.
The wait was around 25 minutes and the service was very nice about it.
First thing I noticed when I walk in, is that theres a lot of unused space in the restaurant.
On to the food:
- Good amount of filling
- But not crunchy enough
- Too much sauce
- Very small
- Filling had a good balance of vegetables and meat
- The skin was not as crispy as desires
Spicy Chicken Ramen
- The broth was very light
- The thin noodles may be my favourite thin noodles in Vancouver – cooked perfectly
- The meat was on the drier side
- Hot – was an acceptable amount of spiciness
- I liked this one more than the chicken one because I personally like richer broths and thicker noodles
- The pork was again on the drier side – wasn’t as tender as I would have liked
- Not enough meat in the bun
- The bun was quite good though and held itself well
- Could have had more pickles to lighten it up a bit
Overall: Not the best ramen out there but it will do the trick if you are craving ramen