It’s been a very long time since I’ve last been to Beta5. I’ve missed their cream buns. For this visit, I actually wanted to come and try their desserts in those cute little jars but it turned out that they weren’t selling them that day.
Being depressed and slightly disappointed, I opted to get some of the puff flavours that I haven’t tried before and their ice cream sandwiches (which I have had before but have been disappointing in past visits).
I had the Vietnamese Coffee Cream Puff
- I felt like the coffee flavour could have been slightly stronger
- The puff itself is its usual texture of softness and slight crispness
- The filling was creamy and satisfying
I also shared the Raspberry Earl Grey Cream Puff
- The raspberry mousse was quite strong and had good hints of raspberry
- The earl grey part is in the center of the puff and is quite strong when you get into the middle
- But at points it can be overwhelming in contrast to the raspberry
- The flavours don’t melt together as well as I would have hoped
Blueberry ice cream sandwich
- The cookie was soft
- But the ice cream was hard to to bite into
- Very icy and lacked creaminess
- The blueberry flavour was quite strong and more on the sour side in terms of blueberry flavours
Overall: 7/10 – not the best experience I had at Beta5
I personally think its lost its novelty.